2009 Festival of Fantastic Films
|Amateur Film Competition
Please print the form, fill in all information,
and mail to the address below by 22 August 2009.
Before submitting your film, please read the terms and conditions
The deadline for the 2009 Delta Film Award is 22 August 2009. Entries received after that date cannot be considered for the 2008 competition. The winner will be announced at the209th Festival of Fantastic Films, due to be held in Manchester, England, over the weekend of 16-18 October, 2009.
1. Entries must fall into the general categories of Science Fiction, Fantasy or Supernatural Horror (please underline the category you believe most applicable to your film). They can be fiction or non-fiction, live-action or animation. There is no entry fee.
2. Only films completed less than 21 months before each Festival are eligible for that year’s award.
3. Foreign material is welcome, but we do ask that non-English dialogue is subtitled in English.
4. Please ensure you supply an e-mail contact address.
5. We can only accept entries on DVD, and material submitted is non-returnable.
6. Entries should preferably be no more than 25 minutes in duration. Those which exceed 25 minutes may be shortlisted, but the Entrant must agree to an extract only being shown at the finals, which take place on the Saturday morning of the Festival, although the organisers will endeavour to ensure all of the judges see the complete work.
7. All entries will be previewed by a selection panel, but only those shortlisted will be shown at the Festival. The judges typically comprise film professionals and genre journalists.
8. Those whose films have been shortlisted will be notified by e-mail no later than 28 September 2009. If they wish to attend the finals, a complimentary ticket for the Saturday (one per entry) will be provided by the Festival.
9. Following the Festival, the full results will be posted on our website and forwarded by e-mail to all finalists. Certificates will be issued to the Entrants associated with the winning entry and those specially commended.
10. Please AVOID use any form of postal service which requires a signature by the recipient (such as recorded or "next day" delivery). If required, receipt can be confirmed by e-mail.
Mail the entry form and your DVD copy to:
Festival of Fantastic Films (AFC)